Are you a Delhiite? If yes, then you have a reason to smile as National Capital’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has bagged the award of world’s best airport for the second consecutive year in a row. It is a matter of pride for all the Delhiites, in total it has grabbed 3 international awards. Delhi’s airport has retained the world’s number 1 position in 25-40 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category. The two other awards are for best airport by size & region, Asia Pacific (25-40 MPPA) and second best airport by region (Asia Pacific).
But, what makes Delhi’s #IGIAirport the world’s best, we share with you 5 interesting facts:
1. The IGIA is a gateway to 58 domestic and 62 international destinations used by six domestic and 57 foreign airlines.
2. The IGI Airport handles 78 air traffic movements (ATM) per hour, the highest in India.
3. With the commencement of operations at Terminal 3 in 2010, IGIA became India’s and South Asia’s largest aviation hub, with a current capacity of handling more than 40 million passengers.
4. The planned expansion programme for the airport is likely to increase its capacity to handle 100 million passengers by 2030.
5. On-time performance of airlines impacting passenger experience positively with perfect ambiance and signages, strong bonding with stakeholders.
#IGIAWorld’sBest #IGIAirport #NationalCapital #DelhiAirport #IndiaShines #IGIAWorld’sBest
By – Rohit Kaul
Media & Communications – Fiinovation